What does Fuel Up to Play 60 (FUTP 60) look like in your backyard?
Since FUTP 60 is a nationwide, student-led healthy eating and physical activity program, we wanted to highlight your local student advocates.
Below, we chatted with Vermont’s 2016-17 FUTP 60 State Ambassador Cat.
Overall, what has been your favorite memory from being involved in the FUTP 60 program?
Doing photo shoots and traveling around to learn from and teach other students.
Why did you initially want to become a FUTP 60 State Ambassador?
Because I love the program and I knew if I were a state ambassador I could get more recognition for my school, and do more with the program.
What types of projects has your school’s FUTP 60 team accomplished?
- Breakfast After the Bell cart (two programs at two schools).
- In-class physical activity breaks.
- Taste tests.
As an outgoing state ambassador, how do you plan on remaining involved in the FUTP 60 program?
Expanding the program to the high school and mentoring the two younger school’s team leaders.
What is your favorite:
- Way to get active? Soccer, gymnastics, cheerleading, and playing Pokemon GO (I joke, I joke).
- Healthy snack? Peanut butter, strawberries, and chocolate chips together on a waffle. VERY healthy, I know.
- Hobby? Soccer, singing, playing the guitar, acting, writing, reading, listening to music, and drawing.
- School subject? English Language Arts (ELA) and art.
What do you want to be when you’re older?
I know I either want to be the C.E.O of my own editing and publishing company, a graphic designer, or in the performing business. But who knows for sure, right.
Updated June 26, 2017